Agriculture is in transition and farmers are looking for tools to steer their farming operation in a future-proof direction. How can I become less dependent on increasingly expensive external inputs? How to get the same yield with less fertilizer? Can I integrate societal requirements in terms of biodiversity on my farm? How can I gradually improve soil biology for me? Is it possible without spending a lot of money? Are there already examples of conventional farmers who succeed in working differently? Do you recognize yourself in these questions? So this training is a unique opportunity to learn more!
What do we offer?
A series of quality practical training courses with theoretical foundations, directly applicable to your future-oriented agricultural operation. The course series includes 6 days of courses with the following themes:
1. Basic principles of sustainable agriculture
2. Importance of continuous plant cover
3. Soil biology and analysis of my soil
4. Fertilization strategy
5. Land preparations and carbon management
6. Animal feed: symbiosis between livestock farming and field crops
Where possible, courses take place on farms that have already taken steps towards the agroecological transition.
- Support via Whatsapp group
- 1 individual session per company with 1 of the experts
- Follow-up in 2nd & 3rd year
Who should attend ?
Do you also look to the future in a regenerative way? The target audience for this series of courses are farmers who want to transition from the current agricultural model to a more sustainable income model. The course is mainly aimed at breeders and farmers who want to test it in practice.
The price of this unique training is €1,100 excluding VAT.
For the fastest, there is a reduction of at least 10% applied.
Register before 10/15/2023 and you will only pay €990 excluding VAT.
- Expert in agroecology since 2014
- Managing a dairy farm
- Plant-food-animal-manure cycle
- Arable crops without fertilizers and reduction of pesticides
- Practical advice
- Soil researcher with self-developed measurement method
- Emphasize good fertilizer and use of the farm's mineral balance
- Practical advice for farmers in Flanders and the Netherlands
- Active in regenerative agriculture since 2016
- Focus on soil improvement, remineralization, adjustment of photosynthesis, compost tea, food autonomy and energy innovations in agriculture
- Natural food supplements, animal health and stable hygiene
- Kinsey soil tests
Classes will take place (subject to change) on the following days:
- November 28, 2023
- December 11, 2023
- January 9, 2024
- February 6, 2024
- February 28, 2024
- March 14, 2024
Why this training ?
Flemish farmers today face many challenges: increasing input costs, increased uncertainty due to climate change, changing regulations, social requirements in terms of biodiversity, etc. Facing this is not easy and requires new knowledge, experience and know-how. With this training, we wish to provide the necessary support and tools: the application of practical, directly applicable knowledge, linked to a good theoretical base and numerous exchanges of knowledge and experience. Increasing the resilience of your farming operation is central, paying attention to the profitability of your farm.
This series of courses is an initiative of AgroSymbio ASBL in collaboration with the House of Agroecology ASBL.
The AgroSymbio non-profit association, founded in August 2023, aims to:
- Spread knowledge about regenerative agriculture and the role and importance of strong soil life
- Setting up demos and practical tests
- Propose appropriate policy measures to policy makers
- Promote the positive influence of regeneratively produced food and feed on human and animal health
The non-profit House of Agroecology, founded in March 2023, aims to:
Accelerate the food and agricultural transition in Belgium with as many partners as possible by:
- Develop new food chains and transform existing ones
- Create a center of expertise in agroecology
- Connecting stakeholders around agroecology
- Inform and raise awareness among the general public